- Leveraging existing 3D models. If 3D models of products already exist, or a design team is in place to create them, a 3D product configurator is a natural fit.
- Getting a product configurator set up is very simple within KBMax due to our clean, integrated software and our fully integrated admin panel.
- The three dimensional model allows the user to view their product from all angles, ensuring the product meets requirements, shape and size.
- A 3D product configurator brings products to life and impresses customers with beautiful and accurate renderings and eliminates any apprehension they may have.
- And finally, its sets you apart from the competition. While product configurators are becoming mainstream, 3D visualization is not as common and very view CPQ vendors have the out-of-the-box technology offering a great competitive advantage.
There is a big increase in the number of CPQ & Product Configurator vendors lately. A current google search will turn up dozens of results, when there might have been a dozen not long ago.
The natural tendency is to commoditize this growing field to make “apples to apples” comparisons. Issues arise because of major differences in vendor functionality, architecture, pricing, and services. Buyers get fatigue compiling vendor checklists and are faced with an “apples to oranges” decision.
Aberdeen recently published a great free report outlining how High Tech companies and CPQ. High Tech can present unique challenges for CPQ due to increasing product complexity and interdepartmental silos that contain separate tribal knowledge. Mass customization is growing and consequently product complexity is skyrocketing. Both manual methods and many CPQ & configurator software can't keep up. Many companies are painted into a corner with outdated processes that limit product offerings, and quote cycle time & bandwidth. Expect this trend to continue as seen below:
KBMax is proud to announce that Teledyne Cable Solutions (Teledyne) has selected our CAD configurator and Configure Price Quote software solution. Our services will improve the accuracy and speed of the design/quote process for custom over molded cable assemblies and harnesses.
The KBMax team recently met in New Orleans for our annual company wide meeting. This year's themes were team building and customer success. And of course there was plenty of sampling of local food and drink in the French Quarter. Our virtual office model works well but we all look forward to spending some time together in person. It fosters a strong corporate culture for old and new team members alike. Plus we end up learning more about how to work more effectively together.
Taken from an excerpt from Aberdeen Research Report on Configure Price Quote.
"What exactly is Configure Price Quote? Aberdeen defines it as “a technology enabler with which selling organizations manage their opportunity-to-order (or lead-to-win) methodology with automated tools that impact the speed and accuracy of developing quotes, proposals, contracts, and products.
KBMax is proud to announce its recent Oracle Gold Partnership and upcoming exhibition at Oracle Open World 2014. KBMax integrates with Oracle Cloud CPQ (formerly Big Machines) to provide CAD Automation, Visual User Interfaces, and more for Engineer to Order manufacturers. Generating dynamic models, drawings, and images, from Oracle will help these companies sell more faster.
KBMax is proud to announce that Spacesaver Corporation (Spacesaver) has selected our product configurator, CPQ, and CAD automation solution. Our software & services will improve the accuracy and speed of the design/quote process for Spacesaver’s Engineer to Order (ETO) and Configure to Order (CTO) storage product lines.
Design & quote configured products fast inside Salesforce.com. Generate instant quotes, proposals, CAD models & drawings, BOMs and more. Automate engineering & accelerate sales with a KBMax configurator.
- Design & visualize your products in real time with our Drag & Drop UI.
- Quickly get dynamic models & drawings of your configured products in SolidWorks, Autodesk Inventor, & PTC CREO with our advanced CAD automation.
- Optimize your design/quote/order workdlow with our enterpise integrations to CAD, CRM, ERP, PDM systems.
A recent B2B blog post from highlighted some important trends for industrial manufacturing marketing. Use of mass customization via product configurators is growing, but many companies use CPQ software without a crucial asset to persuade industrial buyers to take action. That asset is a sales level CAD drawing or model of the their required configuration.